Keyword Relevance for: Information
43-2021.00 Telephone Operators
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||2 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Information Operator
- Information Specialist
- Provide information by accessing alphabetical, geographical, or other directories. Assist customers with special billing requests, such as charges to a third party and credits or refunds for incorrectly dialed numbers or bad connections. May handle emergency calls and assist children or people with physical disabilities to make telephone calls.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Suggest and check alternate spellings, locations, or listing formats to customers lacking details or complete information.
- Update directory information.
Detailed Work Activities
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Enter information into databases or software programs.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.