Keyword Relevance for: Information
43-4151.00 Order Clerks
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Receive and process incoming orders for materials, merchandise, classified ads, or services such as repairs, installations, or rental of facilities. Generally receives orders via mail, phone, fax, or other electronic means. Duties include informing customers of receipt, prices, shipping dates, and delays; preparing contracts; and handling complaints.
- Inform customers by mail or telephone of order information, such as unit prices, shipping dates, and any anticipated delays.
- Obtain customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and enter this information on order forms.
- Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
Detailed Work Activities
- obtain information from individuals