Keyword Relevance for: Information
43-5031.00 Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Operate radio, telephone, or computer equipment at emergency response centers. Receive reports from the public of crimes, disturbances, fires, and medical or police emergencies. Relay information to law enforcement and emergency response personnel. May maintain contact with caller until responders arrive.
- Enter, update, and retrieve information from teletype networks and computerized data systems regarding such things as wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, and stolen vehicles.
- Maintain files of information relating to emergency calls such as personnel rosters, and emergency call-out and pager files.
- Read and effectively interpret small-scale maps and information from a computer screen to determine locations and provide directions.
- Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information and after hours calls for departments within a city.
- Relay information and messages to and from emergency sites, to law enforcement agencies, and to all other individuals or groups requiring notification.
Detailed Work Activities
- relay information to proper officials
- use geographical information system (GIS) software