Keyword Relevance for: Police Science
43-5031.00 Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Police Communications Dispatcher
- Police Communications Operator
- Police Dispatcher
- Police Radio Dispatcher
- Operate radio, telephone, or computer equipment at emergency response centers. Receive reports from the public of crimes, disturbances, fires, and medical or police emergencies. Relay information to law enforcement and emergency response personnel. May maintain contact with caller until responders arrive.
- Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information and after hours calls for departments within a city.