Keyword Relevance for: Information
43-6014.00 Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||7 matches|
- Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement or account information.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Take dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribe information.
Detailed Work Activities
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Enter information into databases or software programs.
- Prepare informational or reference materials.
- Record information from meetings or other formal proceedings.
- Record personnel information.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.
- Send information, materials or documentation.