Keyword Relevance for: Information
43-9111.01 Bioinformatics Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||no matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Apply principles and methods of bioinformatics to assist scientists in areas such as pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, computational biology, proteomics, computer information science, biology and medical informatics. Apply bioinformatics tools to visualize, analyze, manipulate or interpret molecular data. May build and maintain databases for processing and analyzing genomic or other biological information.
- Confer with researchers, clinicians, or information technology staff to determine data needs and programming requirements and to provide assistance with database-related research activities.
- Enter or retrieve information from structural databases, protein sequence motif databases, mutation databases, genomic databases or gene expression databases.
Detailed Work Activities
- Enter information into databases or software programs.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.