Keyword Relevance for: bioinformatics
43-9111.01 Bioinformatics Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Bioinformatics Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Bioinformatics Assistant
- Bioinformatics Research Technician
- Bioinformatics Specialist
- Bioinformatics Technician
- Apply principles and methods of bioinformatics to assist scientists in areas such as pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, computational biology, proteomics, computer information science, biology and medical informatics. Apply bioinformatics tools to visualize, analyze, manipulate or interpret molecular data. May build and maintain databases for processing and analyzing genomic or other biological information.
- Analyze or manipulate bioinformatics data using software packages, statistical applications, or data mining techniques.
- Confer with researchers, clinicians, or information technology staff to determine data needs and programming requirements and to provide assistance with database-related research activities.
- Enter or retrieve information from structural databases, protein sequence motif databases, mutation databases, genomic databases or gene expression databases.
- Package bioinformatics data for submission to public repositories.
- Train bioinformatics staff or researchers in the use of databases.
Detailed Work Activities
- Enter information into databases or software programs.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.