Keyword Relevance for: Wireless Communications Technology
49-2022.00 Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
|O*NET-SOC Title||no matches|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Wireless Technician
- Communication Equipment Mechanic
- Communication Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Communication Equipment Repairer
- Communications Equipment Installer
- Communications Equipment Repair Technician
- Communications Technician
- Community Antenna Television Line Technician
- Data Communications Technician
- Satellite Communications Antenna Installer
- Install, set-up, rearrange, or remove switching, distribution, routing, and dialing equipment used in central offices or headends. Service or repair telephone, cable television, Internet, and other communications equipment on customers' property. May install communications equipment or communications wiring in buildings.
- Communicate with bases, using telephones or two-way radios to receive instructions or technical advice, or to report equipment status.
- Assemble and install communication equipment such as data and telephone communication lines, wiring, switching equipment, wiring frames, power apparatus, computer systems, and networks.
- Review manufacturer's instructions, manuals, technical specifications, building permits, and ordinances to determine communication equipment requirements and procedures.
- Test connections to ensure that power supplies are adequate and that communications links function.
Detailed Work Activities
- Test communications equipment to ensure proper functioning.