Keyword Relevance for: dental
51-9081.00 Dental Laboratory Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||22 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||no matches|
- Dental Laboratory Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dental Appliance Fixer
- Dental Appliance Mechanic
- Dental Appliance Repairer
- Dental Ceramist
- Dental Ceramist Assistant
- Dental Equipment Installer and Servicer
- Dental Instrument Maker
- Dental Lab Technician
- Dental Laboratory Technician
- Dental Laboratory Technician Apprentice
- Dental Laboratory Worker
- Dental Mechanic
- Dental Model Worker
- Dental Mold Maker
- Dental Technician
- Dental Technologist
- Denture Contour Wire Specialist
- Denture Finisher
- Denture Technician
- Denture Waxer
- Crown and Bridge Dental Lab Technician
- Metal Room Dental Technician
- Construct and repair full or partial dentures or dental appliances.
- Build and shape wax teeth, using small hand instruments and information from observations or dentists' specifications.
- Create a model of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into a dental impression and allowing plaster to set.
- Fabricate, alter, or repair dental devices, such as dentures, crowns, bridges, inlays, or appliances for straightening teeth.
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Mold wax over denture setups to form the full contours of artificial gums.
- Read prescriptions or specifications and examine models or impressions to determine the design of dental products to be constructed.
- Rebuild or replace linings, wire sections, or missing teeth to repair dentures.
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Train or supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory bench workers.