Keyword Relevance for: -Medical Technology
51-9082.00 Medical Appliance Technicians
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Medical Appliance Technicians
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Appliance Maker
- Medical Assembler
- Medical or Surgical Instrument Maker
- Orthopaedic Technologist
- Construct, fit, maintain, or repair medical supportive devices, such as braces, orthotics and prosthetic devices, joints, arch supports, and other surgical and medical appliances.
- Repair, modify, or maintain medical supportive devices, such as artificial limbs, braces, or surgical supports, according to specifications.
- Test medical supportive devices for proper alignment, movement, or biomechanical stability, using meters and alignment fixtures.
Detailed Work Activities
- Cast molds of patient anatomies to create medical or dental devices.
- Construct customized assistive medical or dental devices.
- Inspect medical or dental assistive devices.
- Repair medical or dental assistive devices.