14 matches for engineers
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Engineer Assistant
- Assistant Engineer
- Assistant Passenger Locomotive Engineer
- Dinkey Engine Firer
- Dinkey Engine Firer/Fireman
- Donkey Engine Firer/Fireman
- Locomotive Engineer
- Passenger Locomotive Engineer
- Monitor locomotive instruments and watch for dragging equipment, obstacles on rights-of-way, and train signals during run. Watch for and relay traffic signals from yard workers to yard engineer in railroad yard.
- Monitor oil, temperature, and pressure gauges on dashboards to determine if engines are operating safely and efficiently.
- Observe train signals along routes and verify their meanings for engineers.
- Receive signals from workers in rear of train and relay that information to engineers.
- Start diesel engines to warm engines before runs.
Detailed Work Activities
- Monitor engine operation or functioning.
Learn more on the