Keyword Relevance for: engineers
53-4013.00 Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||11 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Engine Hostler
- Diesel Dinkey Engineer
- Dinkey Engine Operator
- Dinkey Engineer
- Dinkey Locomotive Engineer
- Haulage Engine Operator
- Locomotive Engineer
- Mine Motor Engineer
- Railroad Engineer
- Yard Engineer
- Drive switching or other locomotive or dinkey engines within railroad yard, industrial plant, quarry, construction project, or similar location.
- Drive engines within railroad yards or other establishments to couple, uncouple, or switch railroad cars.
- Inspect engines before and after use to ensure proper operation.
- Operate and control dinkey engines to transport and shunt cars at industrial or mine sites.
- Operate switching diesel engines to switch railroad cars, using remote controls.
- Signal crew members for movement of engines or trains, using lanterns, hand signals, radios, or telephones.
Detailed Work Activities
- operate locomotives, dinkey engines, or other rail vehicles