13-2099.02 - Risk Management Specialists
Green occupations will likely change as a result of the green economy. Green economy activities and technologies are increasing the demand for occupations, shaping the work and worker requirements needed for occupational performance, or generating new and emerging occupations.
This is a Green New & Emerging occupation — the impact of green economy activities and technologies is sufficient to create the need for unique work and worker requirements, which results in the generation of new occupations.
Risk management specialists work in the following green economy sectors:
- Research, Design, and Consulting Services — This sector encompasses "indirect jobs" to the green economy which includes activities such as energy consulting or research and other related business services.
They perform these tasks important to the green economy:
- Determine potential environmental impacts of new products or processes on long-term growth and profitability.
- Determine potential liability related to the use of more sustainable methods of product packaging, such as biodegradable food containers.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits involved in implementing green building technologies.
- Evaluate the risks related to green investments, such as renewable energy company stocks.