Informatics Nurse Specialists
51 matches for Information
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||29 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
- Informatics Nurse Specialists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Informatics Application Analyst
- Informatics Director
- Informatics Nurse
- Informatics Nurse Specialist
- Informatics Resource Nurse
- Business Consultant, Clinical Informatics
- Clinical Informaticist
- Clinical Informatics Director
- Clinical Informatics Specialist
- Clinical Informatics Strategist
- Clinical Information Specialist
- Clinical Information Systems Director
- College Professor Teaching Informatics
- Director Clinical Information Services
- Health Informatics Advisor
- Health Informatics Instructor
- Health Informatics Solutions Coordinator
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Manager of Workflow Consulting and Nursing Informatics
- Nurse Informaticist
- Nurse Informatics Educator
- Nurse Informatics Specialist
- Nursing Informatics Analyst
- Nursing Informatics Clinical Analyst
- Nursing Informatics Specialist
- Nursing Information Systems Coordinator
- Public Health Informatician
- Vice President, IT (Vice President, Information Technology)
- Apply knowledge of nursing and informatics to assist in the design, development, and ongoing modification of computerized health care systems. May educate staff and assist in problem solving to promote the implementation of the health care system.
- Inform local, state, national and international health policies related to information management and communication, confidentiality and security, patient safety, infrastructure development and economics.
- Analyze and interpret patient, nursing, or information systems data to improve nursing services.
- Analyze computer and information technologies to determine applicability to nursing practice, education, administration and research.
- Apply knowledge of computer science, information science, nursing, and informatics theory to nursing practice, education, administration, or research, in collaboration with other health informatics specialists.
- Design, conduct, or provide support to nursing informatics research.
- Design, develop, select, test, implement, and evaluate new or modified informatics solutions, data structures, and decision-support mechanisms to support patients, health care professionals, and their information management and human-computer and human-technology interactions within health care contexts.
- Develop or deliver training programs for health information technology, creating operating manuals as needed.
- Develop or implement policies or practices to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, or security of patient information.
- Develop strategies, policies or procedures for introducing, evaluating or modifying information technology applied to nursing practice, administration, education, or research.
- Develop, implement or evaluate health information technology applications, tools, processes or structures to assist nurses with data management.
- Disseminate information about nursing informatics science and practice to the profession, other health care professions, nursing students, and the public.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in informatics.
- Translate nursing practice information between nurses and systems engineers, analysts, or designers using object-oriented models or other techniques.
- Use informatics science to design or implement health information technology applications to resolve clinical or health care administrative problems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Apply information technology to solve business or other applied problems.
- Communicate project information to others.
- Conduct research to gain information about products or processes.
- Design research studies to obtain scientific information.
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
Learn more on the
Informatics Nurse Specialists