38 matches for Computer systems analyst
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
- Computer Programmers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Analyst
- Computer Game Programmer
- Computer Language Coder
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Programmer Analyst
- System Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Consultant
- Systems Programmer
- Analyst Programmer
- Application Programmer Analyst
- Applications Development Analyst
- Aviation Environmental Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Data Acquisition Analyst
- Information Technology Systems Programmer
- Information Technology Analyst
- Operating System Programmer
- Programmer Analyst
- Create, modify, and test the code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run. Work from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals. May assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions. May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Train users on the use and function of computer programs.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or online applications.
- Develop diagrams or flow charts of system operation.
- Develop models of information or communications systems.
- Manage information technology projects or system activities.
- Resolve computer software problems.
- Teach others to use computer equipment or hardware.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the