39 matches for Computer systems analyst
|Alternate Occupation Titles||23 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||7 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Architect
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Specialist
- System Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Manager
- Business/Technical Analyst
- Client Server Programmer/Analyst
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Database Design Analyst
- Database Management System Specialist (DBMS Specialist)
- Databases Computer Consultant
- Information Systems Administrator
- Information Systems Data Services Professional
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Technology Analyst (IT Analyst)
- Management Information Systems Director (MIS Director)
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems Administrator (PACS Administrator)
- Principal Management Analyst
- Programmer Analyst
- Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template, or computer software.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals to make changes to database.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system, or direct others in coding descriptions.
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Develop guidelines for system implementation.
- Develop models of information or communications systems.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Update computer database information.
- Write computer programming code.
Learn more on the