Network and Computer Systems Administrators
82 matches for Computer systems analyst
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||57 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||13 matches|
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computer Systems Administrator
- Computer Systems Engineer
- Computer Systems Security Administrator
- Computer Networking Specialist
- Computer Operations/Technical Services Head
- Computer Services Manager
- Computer Support Specialist
- System Analyst
- System Administrator
- System Support Analyst
- System Support Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Integrator
- Systems Network Analyst
- Systems Operator
- Systems Programmer
- Systems Support Technician
- Application Systems Administrator
- Chief Management Analyst
- Common Manufacturing Infrastructure Analyst
- E-Mail System Administrator
- Enterprise Systems Administrator
- Field Support Analyst
- IT Systems Administrator (Information Technology Systems Administrator)
- Information Systems Administrator
- Information Systems Coordinator (IS Coordinator)
- Information Systems Manager (IS Manager)
- Information Systems Specialist
- Information Analyst
- Information Technology Systems Analyst (IT Systems Analyst)
- Information Technology Systems Specialist (IT Systems Specialist)
- Information Technology Analyst (IT Analyst)
- Information Technology Helpdesk Analyst (IT Helpdesk Analyst)
- Internet Systems Administrator
- LAN Analyst (Local Area Network Analyst)
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Local Area Network Systems Administrator (LAN Systems Administrator)
- MIS Manager (Management Information Systems Manager)
- Mainframe Systems Administrator
- Management Information Systems Administrator (MIS Administrator)
- Network Systems Analyst
- Network Systems Administrator
- Network Systems Coordinator
- Network Systems Manager
- Network Analyst
- Network Support Analyst
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Network and Systems Administrator
- Programmer Analyst
- Public Safety Systems Manager
- Technical Analyst
- Telecommunications Analyst
- Unix Systems Administrator
- Wide Area Network Systems Administrator (WAN Systems Administrator)
- Window Systems Administrator
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Implement and provide technical support for voice services and equipment, such as private branch exchange, voice mail system, and telecom system.
- Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Train people in computer system use.
Detailed Work Activities
- Design integrated computer systems.
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Install computer hardware.
- Maintain computer networks to enhance performance and user access.
- Monitor the performance of computer networks.
- Provide technical support for computer network issues.
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information systems.
- Resolve computer network problems.
- Resolve computer software problems.
- Test computer hardware performance.
- Train others in computer interface or software use.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
Learn more on the
Network and Computer Systems Administrators