Video Game Designers
35 matches for Art and Design
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||17 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Video Game Designers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Design Director
- Computer Game Designer
- Computer Video Game Designer
- Environment Artist
- Game Designer
- Game Designer/Creative Director
- Interactive Multimedia Designer
- Lead Designer
- Lead Game Designer
- Lead Level Designer
- Mid Level Game Designer
- Senior Game Designer
- Senior Game Designer/Senior Environmental Artist
- Video Game Designer
- Videogame Designer
- World Designer
- Design core features of video games. Specify innovative game and role-play mechanics, story lines, and character biographies. Create and maintain design documentation. Guide and collaborate with production staff to produce games as designed.
- Collaborate with artists to achieve appropriate visual style.
- Conduct regular design reviews throughout the game development process.
- Determine supplementary virtual features, such as currency, item catalog, menu design, and audio direction.
- Develop and maintain design level documentation, including mechanics, guidelines, and mission outlines.
- Document all aspects of formal game design, using mock-up screenshots, sample menu layouts, gameplay flowcharts, and other graphical devices.
- Guide design discussions between development teams.
- Keep abreast of game design technology and techniques, industry trends, or audience interests, reactions, and needs by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Prepare and revise initial game sketches using two- and three-dimensional graphical design software.
- Present new game design concepts to management and technical colleagues, including artists, animators, and programmers.
- Provide feedback to designers and other colleagues regarding game design features.
- Provide feedback to production staff regarding technical game qualities or adherence to original design.
- Review or evaluate competitive products, film, music, television, and other art forms to generate new game design ideas.
- Solicit, obtain, and integrate feedback from design and technical staff into original game design.
Detailed Work Activities
- Design video game features or details.
- Collaborate with others to determine design specifications or details.
- Document design or development procedures.
Learn more on the
Video Game Designers