Document Management Specialists
35 matches for Business Information Management
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||10 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||8 matches|
- Document Management Specialists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Business Records Manager
- Document Management Consultant
- Document Management Specialist
- Document Management Technician
- Document Control Manager
- Electronic Content Manager
- Enterprise Content Management Consultant
- Records Manager
- Records and Information Management Consultant
- Records and Information Management Specialist
- Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
- Assist in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content.
- Assist in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of new electronic document management systems.
- Assist in the development of document or content classification taxonomies to facilitate information capture, search, and retrieval.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Develop or configure document management system features, such as user interfaces, access profiles, and document workflow procedures.
- Document technical functions and specifications for new or proposed content management systems.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Keep abreast of developments in document management technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
- Operate data capture technology to import digitized documents into document management system.
- Prepare and record changes to official documents and confirm changes with legal and compliance management staff, including enterprise-wide records management staff.
- Prepare support documentation and training materials for end users of document management systems.
- Propose recommendations for improving content management system capabilities.
- Search electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
- Write, review, or execute plans for testing new or established document management systems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Manage documentation to ensure organization or accuracy.
- Develop performance metrics or standards related to information technology.
- Develop procedures for data management.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Monitor the security of digital information.
- Prepare instruction manuals.
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information systems.
- Retrieve information from electronic sources.
Learn more on the
Document Management Specialists