Information Security Engineers
42 matches for Computer Information Systems
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||14 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||11 matches|
- Information Security Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Information Systems Security Engineer
- Information Systems Security Scientist
- Information Architect
- Information Assurance Engineer
- Information Security Administrator
- Information Security Architect
- Information Security Consultant
- Information Security Engineer
- Information Security Loss Prevention Engineer
- Information Security Management Engineer
- Information Technology Administrator
- Information Technology Architect
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Security Engineer
- Develop and oversee the implementation of information security procedures and policies. Build, maintain and upgrade security technology, such as firewalls, for the safe use of computer networks and the transmission and retrieval of information. Design and implement appropriate security controls to identify vulnerabilities and protect digital files and electronic infrastructures. Monitor and respond to computer security breaches, viruses, and intrusions, and perform forensic investigation. May oversee the assessment of information security systems.
- Conduct investigations of information security breaches to identify vulnerabilities and evaluate the damage.
- Coordinate documentation of computer security or emergency measure policies, procedures, or tests.
- Coordinate monitoring of networks or systems for security breaches or intrusions.
- Coordinate vulnerability assessments or analysis of information security systems.
- Develop information security standards and best practices.
- Develop or install software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
- Identify or implement solutions to information security problems.
- Identify security system weaknesses using penetration tests.
- Oversee development of plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure or to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Oversee performance of risk assessment or execution of system tests to ensure the functioning of data processing activities or security measures.
- Provide technical support to computer users for installation and use of security products.
- Recommend information security enhancements to management.
- Review security assessments for computing environments or check for compliance with cybersecurity standards and regulations.
- Train staff on and oversee the use of information security standards, policies, and best practices.
- Write reports regarding investigations of information security breaches or network evaluations.
Detailed Work Activities
- Analyze security of systems, network, or data.
- Develop performance metrics or standards related to information technology.
- Develop software or computer applications.
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Install computer software.
- Manage information technology projects or system activities.
- Read documents to gather technical information.
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information systems.
- Supervise information technology personnel.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
Learn more on the
Information Security Engineers