9 matches for Geosciences
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Computational Scientist
- Image Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields. Solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods.
- Apply mathematical theories and techniques to the solution of practical problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields.
- Develop computational methods for solving problems that occur in areas of science and engineering or that come from applications in business or industry.
- Develop new principles and new relationships between existing mathematical principles to advance mathematical science.
Detailed Work Activities
- Apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches to solve problems in scientific or applied fields.
- Develop scientific or mathematical models.
Learn more on the