15 matches for Mathematics
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||6 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Mathematics Professor
- Applied Mathematician
- Computational Mathematician
- Engineering Mathematician
- Game Mathematician
- Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields. Solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods.
- Apply mathematical theories and techniques to the solution of practical problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields.
- Conduct research to extend mathematical knowledge in traditional areas, such as algebra, geometry, probability, and logic.
- Develop mathematical or statistical models of phenomena to be used for analysis or for computational simulation.
- Develop new principles and new relationships between existing mathematical principles to advance mathematical science.
- Maintain knowledge in the field by reading professional journals, talking with other mathematicians, and attending professional conferences.
Detailed Work Activities
- Apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches to solve problems in scientific or applied fields.
- Develop scientific or mathematical models.
Learn more on the