31 matches for Statistician
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||19 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Statistical Analyst
- Statistical Consultant
- Statistical Engineer
- Statistical Program Management Division Chief
- Statistical Programmer
- Statistical Programming Director
- Statistical Reporting Analyst
- Analytical Statistician
- Applied Statistician
- Biological Statistician
- Clinical Statistics Manager
- Environmental Statistician
- Human Resource Statistician
- Mathematical Statistician
- Research Statistician
- Sports Statistician
- Survey Statistician
- Time Study Statistician
- Develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information. May specialize in fields such as bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, or economic statistics. Includes mathematical and survey statisticians.
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Determine whether statistical methods are appropriate, based on user needs or research questions of interest.
- Develop software applications or programming to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
- Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Present statistical and nonstatistical results, using charts, bullets, and graphs, in meetings or conferences to audiences such as clients, peers, and students.
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Report results of statistical analyses in peer-reviewed papers and technical manuals.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
Detailed Work Activities
- Apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches to solve problems in scientific or applied fields.
Learn more on the