17 matches for Chemistry
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Chemical Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Process Control, Design, or Development Engineer
- Chemical Process Engineer
- Chemical Research Engineer
- Chemical Test Engineer
- Process Design Chemical Engineer
- Processes Chemical Design Engineer
- Research Chemical Engineer
- Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products, such as gasoline, synthetic rubber, plastics, detergents, cement, paper, and pulp, by applying principles and technology of chemistry, physics, and engineering.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Design measurement and control systems for chemical plants based on data collected in laboratory experiments and in pilot plant operations.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to ongoing chemical reactions.
- Evaluate chemical equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
Detailed Work Activities
- Research engineering aspects of biological or chemical processes.
Learn more on the