22 matches for Environmental Service Systems
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Environmental Engineer
- Water Systems Designer
- Water Systems Engineer
- Design or oversee projects involving provision of potable water, disposal of wastewater and sewage, or prevention of flood-related damage. Prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work. Perform hydraulic modeling and pipeline design.
- Analyze storm water or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize river banks, repair channel streams, or design bridges.
- Conduct environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment, or distribution.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses for the construction of water supply systems, runoff collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies for the construction of facilities, such as water supply systems, runoff collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Design domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants, including advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, headworks, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters, sludge lagoons, or control buildings.
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, force mains, or sewers for the collection of wastewater.
- Design water distribution systems for potable or non-potable water.
- Design water runoff collection networks, water supply channels, or water supply system networks.
- Evaluate the operation and maintenance of water or wastewater systems to identify ways to improve their efficiency.
- Oversee the construction of decentralized or on-site wastewater treatment systems, including reclaimed water facilities.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Review and critique proposals, plans, or designs related to water or wastewater treatment systems.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others regarding green practices or environmental concerns.
- Design civil structures or systems.
- Design industrial processing systems.
- Direct environmental development activities.
- Evaluate characteristics of equipment or systems.
- Investigate the environmental impact of projects.
Learn more on the