41 matches for Environmental Service Systems
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||14 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||8 matches|
- Environmental Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Environmental Systems Coordinator
- Environmental Analyst
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Coordinator
- Environmental Designer
- Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Planner
- Environmental Project Manager
- Environmental Remediation Engineer
- Environmental Remediation Specialist
- Environmental Safety Specialist
- Environmental Scientist
- Regulatory Environmental Compliance Manager
- Research, design, plan, or perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental hazards using various engineering disciplines. Work may include waste treatment, site remediation, or pollution control technology.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, or local agencies or officials on issues pertaining to solid or hazardous waste program requirements.
- Advise corporations or government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites to protect people and the environment.
- Advise industries or government agencies about environmental policies and standards.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air, water, or land.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, experts in law or business, or other specialists to address environmental problems.
- Coordinate or manage environmental protection programs or projects, assigning or evaluating work.
- Design, or supervise the design of, systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality.
- Develop or present environmental compliance training or orientation sessions.
- Direct installation or operation of environmental monitoring devices or supervise related data collection programs.
- Inform company employees or other interested parties of environmental issues.
- Inspect industrial or municipal facilities or programs to evaluate operational effectiveness or ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
- Prepare or present public briefings on the status of environmental engineering projects.
- Prepare, review, or update environmental investigation or recommendation reports.
- Provide environmental engineering assistance in network analysis, regulatory analysis, or planning or reviewing database development.
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation or litigation projects, including remediation system design or determination of regulatory applicability.
- Write reports or articles for Web sites or newsletters related to environmental engineering issues.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise others regarding green practices or environmental concerns.
- Design environmental control systems.
- Direct environmental development activities.
- Investigate the environmental impact of projects.
- Maintain operational records or records systems.
- Monitor activities affecting environmental quality.
- Prepare research or technical reports on environmental issues.
- Teach safety standards or environmental compliance methods.
Learn more on the