18 matches for Process Technicians
|Alternate Occupation Titles||3 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Process Engineer
- Failure Analysis Technician
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Evaluate materials and develop machinery and processes to manufacture materials for use in products that must meet specialized design and performance specifications. Develop new uses for known materials. Includes those engineers working with composite materials or specializing in one type of material, such as graphite, metal and metal alloys, ceramics and glass, plastics and polymers, and naturally occurring materials. Includes metallurgists and metallurgical engineers, ceramic engineers, and welding engineers.
- Design processing plants and equipment.
- Design and direct the testing or control of processing procedures.
- Evaluate technical specifications and economic factors relating to process or product design objectives.
- Guide technical staff in developing materials for specific uses in projected products or devices.
- Present technical information at conferences.
- Supervise production and testing processes in industrial settings, such as metal refining facilities, smelting or foundry operations, or nonmetallic materials production operations.
- Supervise the work of technologists, technicians, and other engineers and scientists.
- Write for technical magazines, journals, and trade association publications.
Detailed Work Activities
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans.
- Design industrial processing systems.
- Evaluate technical data to determine effect on designs or plans.
- Prepare materials for processing.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Supervise engineering or other technical personnel.
Learn more on the