40 matches for engineers
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||33 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Materials Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Engineering Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Automotive Sheet Metal Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Ceramic Design Engineer
- Ceramic Research Engineer
- Ceramics Test Engineer
- Corrosion Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Forensic Materials Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Glass Science Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Materials Engineering Superintendent
- Materials Development Engineer
- Materials Research Engineer
- Metallurgical Engineer
- Plastics Engineer
- Plating Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Refining Engineer
- Research Engineer
- Research and Development Engineer
- Senior Materials Research Engineer
- Senior Metallurgical Engineer and Engineering Manager
- Smelting Engineer
- Stress Engineer
- Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
- Test Engineer
- Testing Engineer
- Welding Engineer
- Evaluate materials and develop machinery and processes to manufacture materials for use in products that must meet specialized design and performance specifications. Develop new uses for known materials. Includes those engineers working with composite materials or specializing in one type of material, such as graphite, metal and metal alloys, ceramics and glass, plastics and polymers, and naturally occurring materials. Includes metallurgists and metallurgical engineers, ceramic engineers, and welding engineers.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
- Solve problems in a number of engineering fields, such as mechanical, chemical, electrical, civil, nuclear, and aerospace.
- Supervise the work of technologists, technicians, and other engineers and scientists.
Detailed Work Activities
- Create models of engineering designs or methods.
- Supervise engineering or other technical personnel.
Learn more on the