81 matches for mechanical engineering
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||66 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Mechanical Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical Design Facilities or Products Engineer
- Mechanical Development Engineer
- Mechanical Equipment Test Engineer
- Mechanical Research Engineer
- Engine Designer
- Air Conditioning Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Applications Engineer
- Auto Research Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Body Engineer
- Brake Engineer
- Combustion Engineer
- Cooling and Heating Systems Design Engineer
- Cryogenics Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Design Maintenance Engineer
- Diesel Engineer
- Distribution Engineer
- Dust Control Engineer
- Electro-Mechanical Engineer
- Equipment Engineer
- Erecting Engineer
- Facilities Mechanical Design Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
- Geothermal Power Generation Mechanical Engineer
- HVAC Engineer
- HVAC Design Mechanical Engineer
- Heating Engineer
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Engineer
- Heating and Cooling Systems Engineer
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Engineer
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Design Mechanical Engineer
- Hydraulic Engineer
- Hydroelectric Plant Mechanical Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Installation Engineer
- Internal Combustion Engineer
- Machine Design Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Plant Equipment Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Products Mechanical Design Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Refrigeration Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Roller Coaster Engineer
- Sheet Metal Engineer
- Supplier Quality Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Test Inspection Engineer
- Textile Engineer
- Tool Engineer
- Tool Design Engineer
- Tool and Die Engineer
- Tooling Engineer
- Utilization Engineer
- Ventilating Engineer
- Weapons Engineer
- Wind Turbine Mechanical Engineer
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Apply engineering principles or practices to emerging fields, such as robotics, waste management, or biomedical engineering.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Design integrated mechanical or alternative systems, such as mechanical cooling systems with natural ventilation systems, to improve energy efficiency.
- Estimate costs or submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects.
- Evaluate mechanical designs or prototypes for energy performance or environmental impact.
- Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists, or other engineers.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, or maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to meet requirements.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design, performance specifications, or environmental regulations.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
Detailed Work Activities
- Analyze design or requirements information for mechanical equipment or systems.
- Create models of engineering designs or methods.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
Learn more on the