23 matches for automotive technician
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||6 matches|
|Detailed Work Activities||6 matches|
- Automotive Engineers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Automotive Designer
- Automotive Engineer
- Automotive Power Electronics Engineer
- Automotive Project Engineer
- Automotive Quality Engineer
- Automotive Systems Engineer
- Conduct automotive design reviews.
- Conduct or direct system-level automotive testing.
- Conduct research studies to develop new concepts in the field of automotive engineering.
- Design control systems or algorithms for purposes such as automotive energy management, emissions management, or increased operational safety or performance.
- Develop engineering specifications or cost estimates for automotive design concepts.
- Prepare or present technical or project status reports.
- Provide technical direction to other engineers or engineering support personnel.
- Read current literature, attend meetings or conferences, or talk with colleagues to stay abreast of new automotive technology or competitive products.
- Research computerized automotive applications, such as telemetrics, intelligent transportation systems, artificial intelligence, or automatic control.
- Research or implement green automotive technologies involving alternative fuels, electric or hybrid cars, or lighter or more fuel-efficient vehicles.
Detailed Work Activities
- Calibrate scientific or technical equipment.
- Develop technical methods or processes.
- Evaluate technical data to determine effect on designs or plans.
- Prepare technical reports for internal use.
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel.
- Update technical knowledge.
Learn more on the