9 matches for enviornmental studies
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Study Director
- Investigate the growth, structure, development, and other characteristics of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, algae, or fungi. Includes medical microbiologists who study the relationship between organisms and disease or the effects of antibiotics on microorganisms.
- Study growth, structure, development, and general characteristics of bacteria and other microorganisms to understand their relationship to human, plant, and animal health.
- Study the structure and function of human, animal, and plant tissues, cells, pathogens, and toxins.
- Monitor and perform tests on water, food, and the environment to detect harmful microorganisms or to obtain information about sources of pollution, contamination, or infection.
- Provide laboratory services for health departments, community environmental health programs, and physicians needing information for diagnosis and treatment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Cultivate micro-organisms for study, testing, or medical preparations.
- Inspect condition of natural environments.
- Monitor environmental impacts of production or development activities.
Learn more on the