18 matches for animal science
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Materials Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Distinguished Scientist
- Material Scientist
- Materials Scientist
- Metal Alloy Scientist
- Micro Electrical/Mechanical Systems Device Scientist (MEMS Device Scientist)
- Plastics Scientist
- Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- Research Scientist
- Research and Development Scientist (R and D Scientist)
- Senior Scientist
- Senior Materials Scientist
- Staff Scientist
- Staff Research Scientist
- Research and study the structures and chemical properties of various natural and synthetic or composite materials, including metals, alloys, rubber, ceramics, semiconductors, polymers, and glass. Determine ways to strengthen or combine materials or develop new materials with new or specific properties for use in a variety of products and applications. Includes glass scientists, ceramic scientists, metallurgical scientists, and polymer scientists.
- Prepare reports, manuscripts, proposals, and technical manuals for use by other scientists and requestors, such as sponsors and customers.
Detailed Work Activities
- Instruct college students in physical or life sciences.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
Learn more on the