20 matches for social science
|Alternate Occupation Titles||4 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||10 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Science and Technology for Sustainability Director
- Behavioral Scientist
- Research Health Scientist
- Research, evaluate, and establish public policy concerning the origins of humans; their physical, social, linguistic, and cultural development; and their behavior, as well as the cultures, organizations, and institutions they have created.
- Create data records for use in describing and analyzing social patterns and processes, using photography, videography, and audio recordings.
- Develop intervention procedures, using techniques such as individual and focus group interviews, consultations, and participant observation of social interaction.
- Explain the origins and physical, social, or cultural development of humans, including physical attributes, cultural traditions, beliefs, languages, resource management practices, and settlement patterns.
- Formulate general rules that describe and predict the development and behavior of cultures and social institutions.
- Plan and direct research to characterize and compare the economic, demographic, health care, social, political, linguistic, and religious institutions of distinct cultural groups, communities, and organizations.
Detailed Work Activities
- Conduct scientific research of organizational behavior or processes.
- Conduct research on social issues.
- Develop methods of social or economic research.
- Develop software or applications for scientific or technical use.
- Develop technical or scientific databases.
- Direct scientific activities.
- Instruct college students in social sciences or humanities disciplines.
- Plan social sciences research.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
- Train personnel in technical or scientific procedures.
Learn more on the