21 matches for Political scientist
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||12 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||3 matches|
- Political Scientists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Political Science Professor
- Political Advisor
- Political Aide
- Political Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Political Research Scientist
- Political Researcher
- Associate Professor of Political Science
- Associate Professor-Political Science
- Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- Professor and Chair of Political Science
- Professor of Political Science & Director of the Social & Behavioral Research Lab
- Study the origin, development, and operation of political systems. May study topics, such as public opinion, political decision-making, and ideology. May analyze the structure and operation of governments, as well as various political entities. May conduct public opinion surveys, analyze election results, or analyze public documents.
- Consult with and advise government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, the media, political parties, and others concerned with political issues.
- Forecast political, economic, and social trends.
- Provide media commentary or criticism related to public policy and political issues and events.
- Teach political science.
Detailed Work Activities
- Forecast economic, political, or social trends.
- Instruct college students in social sciences or humanities disciplines.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations.
Learn more on the