Child, Family, and School Social Workers
56 matches for Human Service, Social Science and Education
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||35 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Social Service Supervisor
- Social Services Worker
- Social Worker
- Social Worker Supervisor
- Adoption Social Worker
- Adult Education Instructor
- Certified Child, Youth, and Family Social Worker
- Certified Children, Youth, and Family Social Worker
- Child and Family Services Worker
- Child Protective Services Social Worker (CPS Social Worker)
- Child Protective Services Specialist
- Child Welfare Social Worker
- Children's Service Worker
- Children's Therapeutic Support and Services Practitioner
- Clinical Social Worker
- Delinquency Prevention Social Worker
- Elementary School Social Worker
- Family Service Caseworker
- Family Service Worker
- Family Services Specialist
- Field Service Representative
- Foster Care Social Worker
- Licensed Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Medicaid Service Coordinator
- Medical Social Worker
- Parent Educator
- Protective Services Social Worker
- Public Housing Community Relations and Services Advisor
- Pupil Services and Attendance Counselor
- Pupil Services Director
- Quality Assurance Social Worker
- School Social Worker
- School Corporation Student Service Coordinator
- Youth Services Specialist
- Provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families and to maximize the family well-being and the academic functioning of children. May assist parents, arrange adoptions, and find foster homes for abandoned or abused children. In schools, they address such problems as teenage pregnancy, misbehavior, and truancy. May also advise teachers.
- Serve as liaisons between students, homes, schools, family services, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, doctors, and other contacts to help children who face problems, such as disabilities, abuse, or poverty.
- Serve on policy-making committees, assist in community development, and assist client groups by lobbying for solutions to problems.
- Conduct social research.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
- Counsel students whose behavior, school progress, or mental or physical impairment indicate a need for assistance, diagnosing students' problems and arranging for needed services.
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Provide, find, or arrange for support services, such as child care, homemaker service, prenatal care, substance abuse treatment, job training, counseling, or parenting classes to prevent more serious problems from developing.
- Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
- Supervise other social workers.
Detailed Work Activities
- Arrange physical or mental health services for clients.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop education or assistance programs.
- Conduct research on social issues.
- Counsel clients regarding educational or vocational issues.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or educational programs.
- Help clients get needed services or resources.
- Refer clients to community or social service programs.
- Refer individuals to educational or work programs.
- Supervise workers providing client or patient services.
Learn more on the
Child, Family, and School Social Workers