Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
115 matches for Physical education teacher
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||92 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||9 matches|
- Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Physically Impaired Teacher
- Education Specialist
- Educational Coordinator
- Educational Specialist
- Academic Communication Teacher
- Automotive Technology Teacher
- Blind Teacher
- Braille Teacher
- Career and Transition Teacher
- Certified Special Educator
- Cognitively Impaired Special Education Teacher
- Collaborative Teacher
- Cross Categorical Special Education Teacher
- Deaf Teacher
- ED Special Education Teacher (Emotional Disability Special Education Teacher)
- EMD Special Education Teacher (Educable Mentally Disabled Special Education Teacher)
- Emotional Disabilities Teacher
- Emotional Support Teacher
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorder Teacher
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders Teacher (EBD Teacher)
- Emotionally Disturbed Special Education Teacher
- Emotionally Impaired Teacher
- English Special Education Teacher
- Exceptional Children's Teacher (EC Teacher)
- Exceptional Student Education Teacher (ESE Teacher)
- Functional Skills Workshop Teacher
- General Curriculum Exceptional Children Teacher
- Gifted Education Facilitator
- Grade Ten Anatomy, Physiology, and Biology Teacher
- Handicapped Teacher
- Hearing Impaired Teacher
- High School Learning Support Teacher
- High School Resource Teacher
- High School Special Education Teacher
- Inclusion Teacher
- Inclusion Special Educator
- Interrelated Special Education Teacher
- Intervention Teacher
- Learning Disabilities Resource Teacher (LD Resource Teacher)
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher (LD Special Education Teacher)
- Learning Disabled Teacher
- Learning Support Teacher
- Learning and Behavior Disorders Special Education Teacher
- Life Skills Teacher
- Life Skills Special Education Teacher
- Lip Reading Teacher
- MH Teacher (Mentally Handicapped Teacher)
- Mentally Impaired Teacher
- Mentally Retarded Teacher
- Mild Disabilities Teacher
- Mild and Moderate Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Moderate Needs Teacher
- Orthopedically Impaired Teacher (OI Teacher)
- Remedial Reading, Math, or Other Subject Teacher
- Resource Teacher
- Resource Center Teacher
- Resource Room Teacher
- Resource Specialist Teacher
- Resource Specialist Program Special Education Instructor (RSP Special Education Instructor)
- Resource and Inclusion Teacher
- SLD Inclusion Teacher (Specific Learning Disabilities Inclusion Teacher)
- Secondary Learning Support Teacher
- Secondary School Special Education Teacher
- Secondary Special Education Teacher
- Self-Contained Teacher
- Self-Contained Classroom Special Education Teacher
- Self-Contained Special Education Teacher
- Serious Emotional Disability High School Teacher
- Severe Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Severe Emotional Disorders High School Teacher
- Sign Language Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Administrator
- Special Education Autism Teacher
- Special Education Consultant
- Special Education Inclusion Teacher
- Special Education Instructor
- Special Education Itinerant Teacher
- Special Education Math Teacher
- Special Education Mathematics Teacher
- Special Education Resource Teacher
- Special Education Science Teacher
- Special Education Transition Coordinator
- Special Day Class Teacher (SDC Teacher)
- Specialized Academic Instruction Teacher
- Structured Teaching Class Instructor
- TMH Teacher (Trainable Mentally Handicapped Teacher)
- Transition Teacher
- Various Exceptionalities Teacher
- Visually Impaired Teacher
- Visually Impaired Students Teacher
- Teach secondary school subjects to educationally and physically handicapped students. Includes teachers who specialize and work with audibly and visually handicapped students and those who teach basic academic and life processes skills to the mentally impaired.
- Teach personal development skills, such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of secondary school programs.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social development.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Meet with parents and guardians to provide guidance in using community resources and to teach skills for dealing with students' impairments.
- Modify the general education curriculum for special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Monitor teachers and teacher assistants to ensure that they adhere to inclusive special education program requirements.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Visit schools to tutor students with sensory impairments and to consult with teachers regarding students' special needs.
Detailed Work Activities
- Teach life skills.
- Teach others to use technology or equipment.
- Teach vocational courses.
- Administer tests to assess educational needs or progress.
- Apply multiple teaching methods.
- Assist students with special educational needs.
- Collaborate with other teaching professionals to develop educational programs.
- Modify teaching methods or materials to accommodate student needs.
- Plan educational activities.
Learn more on the
Special Education Teachers, Secondary School