15 matches for Adult education teacher
|Alternate Occupation Titles||7 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Adult Reference Librarian
- Adult Services Librarian
- Education Liaison Librarian
- Library Media Teacher
- Research Education Librarian
- Visual Education Director
- Young Adult Librarian
- Administer libraries and perform related library services. Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, educational institutions, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers. Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services. May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information. May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
- Teach library patrons basic computer skills, such as searching computerized databases.
- Engage in professional development activities, such as taking continuing education classes and attending or participating in conferences, workshops, professional meetings, and associations.
- Plan and teach classes on topics such as information literacy, library instruction, and technology use.
Detailed Work Activities
- Teach others to use technology or equipment.
- Advise educators on curricula, instructional methods, or policies.
- Promote educational institutions or programs.
- Select educational materials or equipment.
Learn more on the