Musicians and Singers
32 matches for church music
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||9 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Musicians and Singers
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Church Musician
- Church Organist
- Music Artist
- Entertainment Musician
- Jazz Musician
- Orchestra Musician
- Solo Musician
- Studio Musician
- Play one or more musical instruments or sing. May perform on stage, for broadcasting, or for sound or video recording.
- Arrange and edit music to fit style and purpose.
- Audition for orchestras, bands, or other musical groups.
- Compose original music, such as popular songs, symphonies, or sonatas.
- Improvise music during performances.
- Interpret or modify music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
- Make or participate in recordings in music studios.
- Memorize musical selections and routines, or sing following printed text, musical notation, or customer instructions.
- Play musical instruments as soloists, or as members or guest artists of musical groups such as orchestras, ensembles, or bands.
- Practice performances, individually or in rehearsal with other musicians, to master individual pieces of music or to maintain and improve skills.
- Promote their own or their group's music by participating in media interviews and other activities.
- Provide the musical background for live shows, such as ballets, operas, musical theatre, and cabarets.
- Seek out and learn new music suitable for live performance or recording.
- Sight-read musical parts during rehearsals.
- Sing a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
- Specialize in playing a specific family of instruments or a particular type of music.
- Teach music for specific instruments.
- Transpose music to alternate keys, or to fit individual styles or purposes.
Detailed Work Activities
- Coordinate musical rehearsals or performances.
- Create musical compositions, arrangements or scores.
- Perform music for the public.
- Study details of musical compositions.
Learn more on the
Musicians and Singers