15 matches for Desktop publisher
|Alternate Occupation Titles||7 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Publication Editor
- Publications Editor
- Publications Manager
- Publishing Editor
- Editing Computer Publisher
- Scientific Publications Editor
- Plan, coordinate, or edit content of material for publication. May review proposals and drafts for possible publication. Includes technical editors.
- Direct the policies and departments of newspapers, magazines and other publishing establishments.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
Detailed Work Activities
- Design layouts for print publications.
Learn more on the