12 matches for Health Care
- Dispense drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and provide information to patients about medications and their use. May advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side effects of medications.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs or drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications or characteristics.
- Offer health promotion or prevention activities, such as training people to use blood pressure devices or diabetes monitors.
- Refer patients to other health professionals or agencies when appropriate.
- Work in hospitals or clinics or for Health Management Organizations (HMOs), dispensing prescriptions, serving as a medical team consultant, or specializing in specific drug therapy areas, such as oncology or nuclear pharmacotherapy.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues.
- Advise patients on effects of health conditions or treatments.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Manage healthcare operations.
- Merchandise healthcare products or services.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
Learn more on the