21 matches for physics
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||13 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||1 match|
- Physician Assistants
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Physician Assistant
- Physician's Assistant
- Cardiology Physician Assistant
- Certified Physician Assistant
- Certified Physician's Assistant
- Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant
- Family Physician Assistant
- Family Practice Physician Assistant
- Orthopaedic Physician Assistant
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant
- Pediatric Physician Assistant
- Surgical Physician Assistant
- Surgical Critical Care Physician Assistant
- Provide healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician. Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients. May, in some cases, prescribe medication. Must graduate from an accredited educational program for physician assistants.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
- Obtain, compile, and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes, and results of physical examination.
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval.
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
- Visit and observe patients on hospital rounds or house calls, updating charts, ordering therapy, and reporting back to physician.
Detailed Work Activities
- Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
Learn more on the