16 matches for Health Care
- Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases using a system of practice that is based on the natural healing capacity of individuals. May use physiological, psychological or mechanical methods. May also use natural medicines, prescription or legend drugs, foods, herbs, or other natural remedies.
- Administer treatments or therapies, such as homeopathy, hydrotherapy, Oriental or Ayurvedic medicine, electrotherapy, and diathermy, using physical agents including air, heat, cold, water, sound, or ultraviolet light to catalyze the body to heal itself.
- Conduct periodic public health maintenance activities such as immunizations and screenings for diseases and disease risk factors.
- Consult with other health professionals to provide optimal patient care, referring patients to traditional health care professionals as necessary.
- Diagnose health conditions, based on patients' symptoms and health histories, laboratory and diagnostic radiology test results, or other physiological measurements, such as electrocardiograms and electroencephalographs.
- Educate patients about health care management.
- Interview patients to document symptoms and health histories.
- Monitor updates from public health agencies to keep abreast of health trends.
- Obtain medical records from previous physicians or other health care providers for the purpose of patient evaluation.
- Order diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), ultrasounds, mammograms, and bone densitometry tests, or refer patients to other health professionals for these procedures.
- Report patterns of patients' health conditions, such as disease status and births, to public health agencies.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise patients on healthcare system processes.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Prepare official health documents or records.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
Learn more on the