17 matches for dental hygiene
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||8 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||2 matches|
- Dental Hygienists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Hygienist, Mobile Coordinator
- Dental Nurse
- Oral Hygienist
- Pediatric Dental Hygienist
- Registered Dental Hygienist
- Registered Dental Hygienist, Part Time Clinical Faculty
- Administer oral hygiene care to patients. Assess patient oral hygiene problems or needs and maintain health records. Advise patients on oral health maintenance and disease prevention. May provide advanced care such as providing fluoride treatment or administering topical anesthesia.
- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
- Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
Detailed Work Activities
- Adjust dental devices or appliances to ensure fit.
- Treat dental problems or diseases.
Learn more on the