18 matches for Health Care
|Alternate Occupation Titles||1 match|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||7 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- University of Iowa Women's Healthcare Nurse-Midwifery Service Director, Clinical Assistant Professor in Ui Department Ob/Gyn
- Provide prenatal care and childbirth assistance.
- Conduct ongoing prenatal health assessments, tracking changes in physical and emotional health.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate individualized plans for midwifery care.
- Obtain complete health and medical histories from patients including medical, surgical, reproductive, or mental health histories.
- Perform post-partum health assessments of mothers and babies at regular intervals.
- Provide information about community health and social resources.
- Provide necessary medical care for infants at birth, including emergency care such as resuscitation.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
- Recommend the use of vitamin and mineral supplements to enhance the health of patients and children.
- Treat patients' symptoms with alternative health care methods such as herbs or hydrotherapy.
Detailed Work Activities
- Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Communicate health and wellness information to the public.
- Evaluate patient functioning, capabilities, or health.
- Prepare official health documents or records.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
Learn more on the