22 matches for dental
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||12 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
- Dental Assistants
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Dental Aide
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Office Manager
- Dentist Attendant
- Certified Dental Assistant
- Certified Registered Dental Assistant
- Expanded Duty Dental Assistant
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Registered Dental Assistant
- Surgical Dental Assistant
- Perform limited clinical duties under the direction of a dentist. Clinical duties may include equipment preparation and sterilization, preparing patients for treatment, assisting the dentist during treatment, and providing patients with instructions for oral healthcare procedures. May perform administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
Learn more on the