32 matches for -Medical%20Technology
|O*NET-SOC Title||1 match|
|Alternate Occupation Titles||17 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||4 matches|
- Medical Transcriptionists
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Medical Coding Technician
- Medical Language Specialist
- Medical Record Transcriber
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Stenographer
- Medical Transcriber
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcription Editor
- Medical Transcription Supervisor
- Medical Transcription-Radiology
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Certified Medical Coder
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist
- Clinical Medical Transcriptionist
- Registered Medical Transcriptionist
- Senior Medical Transcriptionist
- Transcribe medical reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners using various electronic devices, covering office visits, emergency room visits, diagnostic imaging studies, operations, chart reviews, and final summaries. Transcribe dictated reports and translate abbreviations into fully understandable form. Edit as necessary and return reports in either printed or electronic form for review and signature, or correction.
- Answer inquiries concerning the progress of medical cases, within the limits of confidentiality laws.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
Detailed Work Activities
- Maintain medical records.
- Perform clerical work in medical settings.
- Prepare medical reports or documents.
- Process medical billing information.
Learn more on the