Posting/Functional TitleAssistant Coach (Multiple Openings)
University Pay Plan TitleAsst Coach
Recruitment TypeOpen to All
Monthly SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Skill in oral communication and public relations
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Knowledge of general university policies and procedures
Ability to prepare and conduct training for student-athletes
Skill in the assessment and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
Prior experience coaching at the collegiate or professional level
Responsible for recruiting, developing, and providing direct & independent coaching to student-athletes in assistance to the Head Coach.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for the supervision and on-field instruction of student-athletes during practice and games and designing of individualized and group practice sessions and game strategies. This position is also responsible for athletic and academic assessment and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, the creation of individualized development plans for each student-athlete and the development of overall game plans. Position will require participation in public relations and program fundraisers by attending athletic department and community functions and attendance at program fundraisers as required. This position is also responsible for administrative responsibilities as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date12/01/2023
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until FilledYes
Normal Work DaysSunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Normal Work Hours Start8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End5:00PM
Posting NoticesYou will be required to electronically attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.