Related occupations for task:
Confer with customers, read work orders, or examine vehicles needing repair to determine the nature and extent of damage.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Inspect vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
- Consult with customers, supervisors, or engineers to plan layout of equipment or to resolve problems in system operation or maintenance.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Listen to engines, examine vehicle frames, or confer with customers to determine nature and extent of malfunction or damage.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Read specifications or confer with customers to determine the desired custom modifications for altering the appearance of vehicles.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Read and interpret pilots' descriptions of problems to diagnose causes.
See all 20 related occupations >>