Related occupations for task:
List parts needed, estimate costs, and plan work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, or diagrams.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, or schematic diagrams.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Inspect vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Estimate costs of vehicle repair.
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
||Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Provide customers with cost estimates for equipment installation.
||First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
||Watch and Clock Repairers
- Estimate repair costs and timepiece values.
- Record quantities and types of timepieces repaired, serial and model numbers of items, work performed, and charges for repairs.
See all 17 related occupations >>