Related occupations for task:
Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, or dial indicators.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and examine extruded products to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications, adjusting controls as necessary to alter products.
- Test physical properties of products with testing devices such as acid-bath testers, burst testers, and impact testers.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.
See more related occupations >>